Pahadi kebab


I am so excited to bring you this recipe today. Pahadi kebabs are delicious nuggets of chicken marinated in mint, coriander, garlic and ginger and tenderized with hung yogurt. 
This is skewered and barbecued to delicious perfection. I first tried this in India when my dad ordered some Indian takeout from a local kebab place and I was hooked. As soon as I got back I had to try to recreate it and I'm happy to report that I got it all figured out. Although this kebab looks very similar to a hare kebab or a hariyali kebab, it does have a distinct taste that sets it apart.

I'm using hung yogurt in this recipe, this just means that I'm going to remove all the water from the yogurt by placing a 1/4 cup in some cheese cloth and squeezing it.

I'm also using fresh mint which at this time of the year my garden is just bursting with the delicious herb. Let's look at the ingredients
2 oz each fresh Mint and Coriander
1/2 cup yogurt, hung in a cheesecloth
6 cloves Garlic
3 tbsps chopped Ginger
3 fresh green chillies
Juice of one Lime
2 lbs boneless Chicken cubes
Oil

Set the yogurt in some cheesecloth and squeeze all the water out of it

Grind together the Lime juice, Ginger, Garlic and Chillies, Salt & Pepper

Add the green paste to the washed and cleaned Chicken

Add the yogurt, mix and leave to marinate overnight

Before skewering and cooking on the grill add some oil and more salt to taste

After the Pahadi kebabs are cooked, sprinkle with some Garam Masala and serve

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome I would love it if you linked this to What'd You Do This Weekend.restaurant in northcampus

    ReplyDelete
  2. A large portion of the web journals imagine themselves as most usable and refreshed websites with new data yet at some point truth may distinctive. I need to share a few actualities identified with this subject which will help individuals to improve their aptitudes. Japanese ramen

    ReplyDelete