Chilli Chicken


This is an old Chinese favorite in all restaurants in India. It's probably made a hundred different ways, here is my version!

Ingredients
1 pound chicken boneless breast or thigh cut in small cubes
4-5 spring onions - sliced(reserve leaves)
2 large green chilli sliced diagonally
1 pod garlic minced
2 tbsps garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp soya sauce
2 tsps corn starch
1 cup chicken stock
1 tsp chilli paste
Dash of vinegar
salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp corn starch dissolved in a quarter cup of water.


Add 1 tsp of the garlic paste, soya and cornstarch to the chicken and mix well.

Deep fry on high heat and keep aside.

In the same sauté pan heat some oil and sauté the spring onions, green chillies and garlic

Add a tsp of garlic paste, chilli paste, dash of vinegar and the stock. Bring to a boil.

Add salt if required.

Add a little soya and ground black pepper.

Add the dissolved corn starch.

Add all the cooked chicken and cook for another 30 - 40 seconds.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, love the blog and YouTube clips.

    Can you please publish a YouTube clip on how to make a dry butter chicken dish and a dry jeera chicken dish.

    Many thanks and keep up the good work

    Shyam from the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across your blog while looking for some chilli chicken recipes and liked a lot. How amazing! I will keep an eye on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really I like your Blog. Thanks to Admin for Sharing this recipe idea. I bookmarked your Site for future reference. Keep sharing. Addition to your Story here I am sharing one more Similar Story Cooking Tips for popular Chinese Chilli Chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this information,
    Gorgeous chilli-chicken! Love this recipe!! I have learn this item to cook while I was studying in the Hotel management courses in kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this information,
    Gorgeous chilli-chicken! Love this recipe!! I have learn this item to cook while I was studying in the Hotel management courses in kolkata

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this information, I really appreciate your cooking skills. Thank You! I love this dish so much. I have learned this dish to prepare when I was studying in the hotel management institute in Kolkata

    ReplyDelete