Green Chutney


This is my fave go to chutney. I never had a written down recipe, everything went into a blender and I tasted till perfect. Now that I have a responsibility to you, I've weighed and measured this to perfection. This is a perfect accompaniment to snacks like samosas and wadas and my more recent hit, the Bollypop. My most favorite use for it is to smear it on bread in a Bombay sandwich .. Mmmm mmm mmm

Ingredients

Juice of a lemon
8 cups chopped coriander – about 16 oz
2 green chillies
2 tbsps ginger and garlic paste
4 tsps cumin powder (jeera)
4 tspc chaat masala
24 peppercorns
1 cup grated coconut (3.5 oz)
Water as required


Process

In a blender add the wet ingredients lemon juice and the ginger and garlic paste.

Add the spices, green chillies and peppercorns

Add half the coriander and blend adding water as required

Add the other half of coriander and salt

Once you have a green paste, add the coconut.

Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Post a Comment